posted by terrineedstodream on February 9, 2011 | 6 comments
Does anyone know of a school that offer lessons to learn Cantonese? And not just the beginner stuff, but more advanced levels as well?

On a side note, I really do love Popup Chinese and I'm looking forward to the growth of Popup Cantonese :)
signin to comment
trevelyan on February 10, 2011 | reply
Anyone have any experience with local schools? I don't know have any personal experience, but we can make inquiries....
nicole on February 13, 2011 | reply
I don't have much to offer on this, either. But I hear most of the universities in Hong Kong offer Cantonese learning courses, like in HKU, CUHK, etc. Perhaps you could check out their websites and find out?
terrineedstodream on February 13, 2011 | reply
I looked up various HK university websites and the majority did have courses available. But the more intermediate and advanced courses were only available full-time, whereas the beginner courses were available as full-time and short courses. Also, the dates clash with my university studies here in Australia... *sigh*

Does anyone know of any private schools in HK?

Ha, I guess for now I'll have to rely on the internet (and Popup Cantonese) for my Cantonese studies.
janefondiller on March 9, 2011 | reply
Last time I was there some of the English High Schools offered short courses. But that was a long time ago.
Sbriere on December 3, 2011 | reply
HKLLC is pretty good
tamhas on August 30, 2014 | reply
i am told there are free lessons for anyone with resident visa... paid by government. As some place in Wanchai on weekends